Sunday, December 13, 2009

#2 To the extent that you achieved the outcomes, are they still relevant to the work that you do in your school? Why or why not?

The information that I learned in this course is definitely relevant to what I do as an educator. It is important that all educators understand how technology can help them teach more efficiently. As an administrator I need to be aware of these issues and help my teachers understand. I also need to know about the Long Range Plan for Technology and STaR Charts. Furthermore, I now realize that better staff development is needed in the area of technology. Teachers are more willing to implement technology if they know how to use it and incorporate it into the classroom. On-going training in technology is essential. As an administrator it is also important that I model the use of technology as well as make sure technology policies are in place. I must also communicate with parents and the community about technology, the use of technology, and safety issues involving technology use.

No comments:

Post a Comment