Sunday, December 13, 2009

#1What outcomes had you envisioned for this course? Did you achieve those outcomes? Did the actual course outcomes align with those that you envisione

When I started this class I expected to learn about technology and its use in the school system. I envisioned that I would learn about technology requirements mandated by state and national policies and possibly learn so new ways of integrating technology in the classroom. I would have to say that my expectations were met and exceeded. I did learn about technology TEKS but I also learned about STaR Charts and the Long Range Plan for Technology. More importantly I learned about some new strategies for implementing technology in the school system. I really didn’t understand blogs before this course and had never heard of a wiki before. Now I can foresee both of these tools be helpful to my future as an educator (teacher or administrator.) This course also helped me understand how important it is they we incorporate more technology into the educational process in order to reach our students who are “digital natives” and to prepare them to be successful in a digital society.

No comments:

Post a Comment